Countdown to New Years Cookies
- Favorite sugar cookie dough recipe
- Large round cookie cutter
- Baking sheet
- Cooling grid
- Rolling pin
- Wilton® decorating tips 2 and 7
- Wilton® disposable decorating bags
- Royal Icing recipe
- Wilton® icing colors: dark green, brown, rose
- Wilton® jumbo confetti sprinkle decorations
- Wilton® 8-inch cookie sticks
- Fine Motor
- Make and roll out cookie dough. Cut out cookies using large round cutter. Adults, bake and cool cookies according to recipe instructions.
- Prepare Royal Icing. Divide icing and tint dark green, rose, brown; reserve white.
- Using tip 2 and dark green icing, pipe clock hands. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Using tip 3 and brown icing, pipe numbers on clock face. Attach jumbo confetti as shown using dots of white Royal Icing. Using tip 7 and rose icing, add border. Let set.
- Attach cookie sticks to backs of cookies with white Royal Icing. Let set.
Adult supervision is required at all times. Oven to be used by adults only.