Mother's Day Crackled Fern Vases
Brighten Mom's day with these beautiful hand-painted vases filled with her favorite flowers.
Courtesy of Plaid
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Paint, Pearl Opaque – Eclipse and Purple Martin
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Paint, Metallic Opaque – Yellow Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Tools – Squeegee Set, 2 Piece
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Tools – Patterning Tape, Foam Pouncer Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Adhesive SIlkscreens – Ferns
- Ashland™ Home and Garden Collection Crackled Ceramic Vases
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Craft Knife
- Wax Paper
- Brush Basin
- Paper Towels
- Foam Plates
Thoroughly wash vases in mild soap and water. Dry and wipe with rubbing alcohol.
Cut silkscreen images apart with scissors.
Place desired images on vases as shown. Tape to secure.
Squeeze small amounts of glass paint onto foam plates. Use glass squeegee to pick up small amount of paint and drag across surface of design. Carefully remove screens and wash.
Use craft knife to clean up any rough edges if needed. Let paint cure for a few hours.
Tape wax paper over fern images. Tape off top and bottom borders as shown.
Use pouncer to apply several coats of Yellow Gold onto borders.
Use craft knife to score along painted edge and tape before removing tape.
Cure paint according to bottle instructions.