Craft Pumpkins: Ready To Harvest At Your Local Michaels Store
It's that time of year again: the kids are back in school, the weather's getting cooler, and your local Michaels store is filled to the rafters with foam pumpkins.
- Craft pumpkins are available in all Michaels stores. We've got them in several sizes, from pint-sized to large as life. Check the seasonal area of your local store for large grid bins filled to overflowing with pumpkins in every size---but hurry, because these guys sell out quickly!
- Craft pumpkins are hollow inside, which makes them ideal containers for floral arrangements. Just cut a hole in the top or side, glue a brick of floral foam inside and you're ready do go.
- Craft pumpkins can be carved just like the real thing. The interior foam is the same color as a fresh pumpkin, so the effect is very realistic. Use a sharp knife, and go slowly. Exercise the same caution you would when carving a real pumpkin.
- Craft pumpkins can be painted with regular acrylic paints. Try a fall scene or a few ghosts around the outside.
- If your pumpkin feels a little light, or your arrangement feels as though it might blow over, try adding sand or a few river rocks to the interior for weight.
Want More Craft Pumpkin Ideas?
- We've got lots of ideas for decorating with craft pumpkins. Take a look at the craft pumpkin ideas available online at Michaels.com