Craft Smart® To Do List Chalkboard
Keep your to-do list updated on this cute chalkboard you can easily make.
- Craft Smart® Chalkboard Paint – Green
- Craft Smart® Glitter Paint – Crystal
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paints – Bright Yellow, Neon Yellow, Pink Blast and White
- Craft Smart® Gloss Paint – Black
- Birch Plywood, ¼"x6"x12"
- Paintbrushes – #10 Flat Brush, #12 Flat Brush and #1 Liner Brush
- Painter’s Tape, 1½" (or Scotch® Tape)
- Michaels® Birch Watering Can
- Permanent Marker, Ultra Fine – Black
- Celebrate It® Ribbon – Silver Chalk
- Gems (4) – Crystal
- Magnets (4)
- Water Container
- Palette (or Paper Plate)
- Paper Towels
With 1½" painter’s or Scotch® tape, tape off bottom of board.
Base coat board with two or three coats of green chalkboard paint.
Base coat watering can Bright Yellow with stippled Neon Yellow highlights in center. With handle end of large paintbrush, dot watering can with Pink Blast.
Coat entire watering can with Crystal glitter paint.
Dot five Pink Blast flowers with Bright Yellow centers down left-hand side of board.
Remove tape and base coat band Bright Yellow with Neon Yellow highlights on center.
With black gloss paint, outline words, making o’s and dot on “I” with dotted Pink Blast flowers with white centers.
With permanent marker, outline and stitch Bright Yellow band.
Glue painted watering can in place. (Refer to photo for placement.)
Tie ribbon around watering can handle to hold chalk.
Referring to photo for placement, glue crystal gems flowing from watering can spout.
Position and adhere magnets on back of chalkboard.
Allow frame to dry between steps.