Craft Smart You re So Tweet
Re-discover craft painting in your spring home decor with fun projects like this one!
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paints – White, Black, Island Blue, Grape Taffy, Bright Yellow, Light Orange, Brown, Shamrock, Pink Blast and Neon Yellow
- Craft Smart® Gloss Paint – Violet
- Craft Smart® Satin Varnish
- Birch Plywood, ¼"x6"x12"
- Paintbrushes – #10 Flat Brush, #12 Flat Brush, #1 Liner Brush and #4 Flat Brush
- Michaels® 6-petal Flower Cutout
- Michaels® Button, Large – Pink
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, ¼ " – Green Gingham
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, 3" – Green
- Permanent Maker, Ultra Fine Tip – Black
- Water Container
- Palette (or Paper Plate)
- Paper Towels
- Transfer Paper
- Spray Varnish
- Pattern (download button below)
Base coat surface as follows: plaque, Island Blue; and flower cutout, Grape Taffy.
Dot flower cutout with white.
Trace and transfer chicks. Paint Bright Yellow.
Shade chicks by double-loading #10 flat brush with Bright Yellow and Light Orange. (Make sure Light Orange side of brush is outward.)
Highlight hair and wings with wash of Neon Yellow.
Base coat beak and line legs with 1:1 mix of Brown and Bright Yellow.
Stipple cheeks with Pink Blast.
Dot eyes black.
Position and adhere 3" ribbon at bottom, leaving about 1" space at bottom.
Use liner brush and Shamrock paint to pull up a few strands of grass above ribbon.
Use liner brush and Violet to do lettering. Use brush handle end to dot letter ends.
Dot white randomly on board. (Refer to photo.)
With permanent marker, stitch chicks and board edges.
Position and adhere flower cutout and button.
Adhere ribbon ends on back to form hanger.
Allow to dry between steps.