Crafter's Café Butterfly Mask
- Crafter’s Café – Seabreeze (9)
- Cardstock Square, 12" – Turquoise or Blue Glitter
- Scrapbook Paper – Scraps of Turquoise, Blue and Green Prints
- Tinsel Chenille Stem – Coordinating Color of Choice
- Dowel Rod, 3/8" (12")
- Acrylic Paint – Lime Green
- Small Flat Paintbrush
- Circle Template
- Paper Adhesive of Choice
- Low Heat Glue Gun
- Craft Knife
Step 1 Print and cut out mask pattern. Trace on back of glitter cardstock. Cut out. Use craft knife to cut out eye holes.
Step 2 Trace and cut out paper circles: two each of 2¼", 2", 1½", 1¼" and ¾". Adhere to butterfly wings, symmetrically.
Step 3 Embellish by gluing on buttons, beads, gems, round sequins, and ribbons.
Step 4 Fold tinsel stem in half. Curl ends. Glue at fold to center, top, back of mask as antennae. Glue round gems to antennae ends.
Step 5 Paint dowel rod. Let dry. Hot glue to back of mask.
Step 6 Knot three 12" lengths of rickrack together at centers. Hot glue knot to back of mask, letting rickrack hang loosely.
• Refer to photo for placement and assembly.
• Use craft knife on cardboard or cutting mat.
• Trace circular objects such as spools, coins if you don’t have a circle template.
• Iron rickrack before attaching, if needed.