Martha Stewart Crafts™ Crafter's Clay Flower Card
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Mold Set - Garden
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Crafter's Clay Basic Color Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Crafter's Clay White
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Crafter's Clay Tool Kit
- Liquid Glue Papercrafting Glue, Foam Dots or Hot Glue
- Green and Ivory Cardstock
- Paper Trimmer
- Green Marker
- Bone Folder
Trim Green Cardstock to 6.5" x 9". Fold in half to make a 6.5" x 4.5" card. Use bone folder to make a sharp crease.
Trim Ivory Cardstock to 6" x 4". Adhere to front of green cardstock.
Refer to color chart in Crafter's Clay Basic Color Set to mix desired colors.
Pull the clay a few times, then roll into a smooth ball.
Press into mold.
If necessary, use detailing tool to scrape excess from back of mold.
Release clay by gently bending back the mold. After unmolding, use detailing tool to smooth any rough edges.
After clay is dry (see package for drying details), center can be painted or embellished.
Adhere finished pieces to project using liquid glue, foam dots, or hot glue.
Draw stems from flowers using green marker.
- Always press a smooth surface into the mold. Any crease in the clay will appear on the final molded object.
- Push clay in from the outer edge of the mold for a clean finish.
- After unmolding, use detailing tool to smooth any rough edges.
WORKING WITH CRAFTER’S CLAY
- Prevent clay from drying out while you work by placing clay on a damp paper towel and covering with another damp paper towel. When finished, store in an airtight plastic bag with a damp paper towel.
- Mix colors by pulling, like taffy. When mixing multiple colors into white, mix the colors together first, then mix the blended color into the white just until the color is even throughout.
- Clay may be shaped and molded several times, but will dry out if over-worked.
- Wash your hands before handling a different color to keep clay colors pure.
- Allow molded embellishments to dry before gluing clay to project. Items will dry within 24 hours, but may be handled sooner if done with care.