Create Joy Frame
There’s no end to the design possibilities when you use the Yudu® Personal Screen Printer and Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter. This unique frame is simply charming.
Designed by Sue Helfrich and Jill Webster
- Yudu® Personal Screen Printer
- Yudu Ink, Secondary Set, Orange
- Yudu Ink, Neutral Set, Tan
- Yudu Blank Transparencies
- Yudu 220 Mesh Screen
- Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter
- Cricut® Alphalicious Cartridge
- Cricut Joys of the Season Cartridge
- Cricut Stretch your Imagination Cartridge
- Cricut DesignStudio® Software
- Cricut Cuttables Vinyl Burnt Umber
- Cricut Cuttables Vinyl Latte
- Cricut Cuttables Vinyl Transfer Tape
- Computedr and Printer
- Cardstock: Beige, Black, Brown, Green, Dark Green
- Frame (10½-inch x 10½-inch)
- Paint: Brown
- Ink Pad: Brown
- Foam Tape
Paint frame. Let dry.
Using your computer, design a page filled with Summer * Pear * Fruit print in your choice of font style. Print onto a transparency. Expose design onto a screen as directed in Yudu manual.
Pull Summer * Pear * Fruit * onto one 12-inch x 12-inch sheet of beige cardstock using orange ink. Let dry. Trim to fit frame.
Cut Flourish: Using Stretch your Imagination cartridge and black cardstock, select Silhouette feature, press Shift and cut one 4-inch and one 6-inch <Flrsh2-s>. Expose design onto a screen as directed in Yudu manual.
Place a bead of tan ink on flourish screen. Pull flourishes onto frame. Let dry.
Cut pear: Using Joys of the Season cartridge and green cardstock, press Shift and cut one 5¼-inch <Pear>. Repeat cut using brown cardstock and Shadow feature. Using dark green cardstock, select Layers feature, press
Mix a small amount of tan and orange ink together on flourish screen. Pull design onto pear. Let dry. Ink edges. Adhere pear to Summer * Pear * Fruit * piece using foam tape.
Set blade depth to 4 and pressure to medium.
Cut JOY: Using Cricut DesignsStudio, select Alphaliciouos cartridge. Select letters to spell JOY. Stretch word to 2-inches x 3½-inches. Cut page from burnt umber vinyl. Use transfer tape to place JOY on frame as shown.
Cut create: Select letters to spell create. Weld letters together and slant to the right. Stretch word to 1-inch x 4¾-inches. Cut page from latte vinyl. Use transfer tape to place create on frame as shown.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.