DAD You're My Favorite! Mini Album
It's easy to create your own album using a sewing machine.
Designed by Carrie Cummings, courtesy of Provo Craft®.
- Cricut Expression® 2 Electronic Cutting Machine (or Cricut® Mini Electronic Cutting Machine)
- Cricut Craft Room™ Design Tool
- Cricut® Everyday Cartridge - Boys Will Be Boys
- Cardstock - Turquoise, Red, Red Striped, White and Coordinating Patterns (4)
- Sewing Machine and Thread
- Baker’s Twine - Green
- Rhinestones - Red and Green
- Buttons - Red and Green
- Embellishments - Style(s) of Choice
- Glitter Glue - Red
- Ribbon - Red
- Paper Trimmer
- Foam Squares
Create cover. Cut one 12"x8½" block of patterned cardstock. Fold up the bottom 2½" to form a pocket. Stitch along sides and top to secure pocket. Fold in half. Cut one 4½"x4½" block of white cardstock. Adhere to album cover.
Create pages. Cut three 11¾"x8½" blocks of patterned cardstock. Fold up the bottom 2½" to form a pocket. Stitch along sides and top to secure pocket. Fold in half.
Layer pages and cover together. Stitch down the center to create album. Wrap baker’s twine around spine to hide stitching.
Cut stars. Using Boys Will Be Boys cartridge and turquoise cardstock, cut eight 1½" stars. Using red cardstock, cut one 1½" star. Embellish stars with pen and rhinestones. Adhere to cover as shown.
Cut DAD. Using red cardstock, select Block Font feature and cut 1¼" letters to spell DAD. Embellish with glitter glue. Adhere to cover as shown using foam squares.
Embellish cover and album pages as desired. Cut shapes from cartridge to create tabs.