- Crayola® Blunt Tip Scissors
- Recycled Milk Carton
- Creatology™ Foam Sheet - Black
- Creatology™ Foam Sheet - Orange
- Creatology™ Foam Sheet - Yellow
- Creatology™ Pom Poms
- Assorted Beads of Choice
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem - Red
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem - Gold
- Foam Stickers - Flowers
- Aleene's "Tacky" Glue®
- Fine Motor
- Trace the sides of the carton onto the orange foam sheet so that the foam will cover all four sides. Cut out. Glue the foam to the sides of the carton.
- Cut the yellow foam to 5-inches x 3½-inches. Trim the ridge from the top of the carton. Center and glue the foam piece to the top of the carton.
- Cut a 1-inch circle from the black foam and glue it to the front of the carton/house for the door. Fold a 3-inch length of chenille stem in half, poke a small hole under the door and push the chenille stem through, leaving 1½-inches extending out for the perch.
- Cut 3-inch x ¼-inch strips from both colors of foam. Glue one strip to the roof as shown. Glue the remaining strips together to form a chain. Decorate the house with flower stickers.
- For the bird: Glue the ½-inch pom pom to the 1-inch pom pom. Cut one 1-inch and two 1½-inch pieces from the gold chenille stem. Shape the 1-inch piece into a beak and glue in place. Glue the 1½-inch pieces in place for legs. Glue a feather in place for the tail. Glue the beads in place for eyes. Twist the legs around the perch and glue to secure.
For a more rewarding crafting experience with your child, you may wish to complete the craft steps over more than one session, especially when drying time is required, or your child appears to be losing interest.
Adult supervision is required at all times.
Children should not use scissors without adult supervision.