Create this mixed media-style decoupage egg using a variety of materials such as your Sizzix®, scrapbook paper, paint, and a wooden egg!
Courtesy of the Sizzix Design Team.
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Die by Tim Holtz® – Caged Bird
- Sizzix® Sizzlits® Dies – Decorative Flourishes
- Recollections® Cardstock – Green
- Recollections® Patterned Paper – Light Blue
- Distressed and Music Notes
- Xyron® Adhesive
- Blumenthal Lansing Favorite Findings Buttons
- Bead Gallery® Crystal Jewel – Faceted Tear Drop
- DMC® Embroidery Floss – White
- Recollections™ Glitter – Snow
- Ranger Distress Ink Pad – Broken China
- Lara’s Crafts® Wood Candlestick, Mini
- Plaid® Mod Podge®
- Spanish Moss
- Apple Barrel Colors® Acrylic Paint – White
- Celebrate It® Sheer Creations Ribbon
- Lara’s Crafts® Wood Egg – Goose
Tear strips of patterned paper ½" wide.
Cover wooden egg with strips of paper using matte finish Mod Podge®, set aside to dry.
Use white craft paint to paint a small wooden candlestick.
While paint is still wet, pour glitter over the candlestick and set aside.
Apply Xyron® adhesive to the front of a 3"x4" piece of blue paper.
Die-cut the Bird and Wing out of the blue paper.
Peel away the adhesive backing on the Bird and apply glitter.
Peel away the adhesive backing on the Wing, ink the edge of the Wing and apply glitter.
Apply Xyron® adhesive to both sides of a piece of green cardstock.
Die-cut a Flourish out of a piece of 3"x3" piece of the green cardstock.
Peel away both sides of the adhesive backing and apply glitter.
Use hot glue to adhere a small amount of moss to the top of the painted candlestick.
Use hot glue to adhere the egg to the top of the candlestick.
Tie a bow using 18" of sheer ribbon around the center of the egg. Trim ends if needed.
Use hot glue to adhere the Bird, Wing and Flourish to the front of the egg near the bow.
Tie a small piece of white embroidery floss in the center of a white button and adhere to the bow using hot glue.