Do Something Sweet: Bearing His Soul
- Wilton Standard Muffin Pan
- Wilton Tips: 1, 3, 5, 12
- Wilton Hearts Standard Baking Cups
- Wilton Sweet Talk Pick
- Wilton Rose Icing Color
- Wilton Black Icing Color
- Wilton Red-Red Icing Color
- Wilton Christmas Red Icing Color
- Wilton 6-Mix Sweetheart Sprinkle Assortment
- Buttercream Icing:
- 1⁄2 cup Solid Vegetable Shortening
- 1⁄2 cup Butter or Margarine*
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Clear Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Sifted Confectioner’s Sugar (approximately 1 pound)
- 2 Tablespoons Milk**
- *Substitute all-vegetable shortening and 1⁄2 teaspoon Wilton No-Color Butter Flavor for pure white icing and stiffer consistency.
- **Add 3-4 tablespoons light corn syrup per recipe to thin for icing cake.
Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red to produce color shown. Bake and cool cupcakes; ice smooth in white buttercream.
Sprinkle cupcakes with Sweetheart nonpareils. Pipe tip 12 head, smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch to 1 ½ -inch diameter. Pipe tip 5 dot muzzle, ears and paws.
Using tip 3, outline bow tie, zigzag fill in and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Pipe dot in center. Using tip 1, pipe dot and string facial features. Insert pick into hand, pipe tip 3 fingers. Each serves 1.
Buttercream Icing (makes 3 cups):
Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear
dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
TipsRefer to photo to complete project.
Follow manufacturer's direction for products used.