FolkArt® Dragonfly Birdhouse
Bring the look of Spring indoors to your home décor with this delightful bird condo.
Designed by the Plaid Creative Team.
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint – Patina, Pure Gold, Wicker White and Pueblo
- FolkArt® Painting Stencil –Dragonflies
- Ceramo Company. Inc. – 1" Red Clay Pots (4 ea.)
- Foam Plate
- Brush Basin (or Water Container)
- Stencil Brush – ¼"
- Paintbrushes - #1Liner, ¼" Flat, ½" Flat
- Youth Arts & Crafts – Wood Bird Condo
Use flat brushes to base coat body of birdhouse Patina and roofs, chimney and base of birdhouse Pueblo. Let dry .
Mix equal parts of Patina and Wicker White. Use liner brush to paint random swirls on birdhouse. Let dry.
Load stencil brush with Wicker White then stencil grass and dragonfly designs on birdhouse. Reload brush with paint and reposition stencils as needed to complete your design arrangement. Let dry.
Dip handle end of liner brush in Pure Gold paint. Add dot details to birdhouse. Let dry.
Sand edges of birdhouse to create a worn, weathered look.
Glue clay pots to bottom of birdhouse.