Dragonfly Vine Keepsake Box
Use this embossing technique to upcycle your home decor.
Created by Kristine Reynolds, courtesy of Stampendous!®.
- Charm Collection Clear Stamp Set by Stampendous®
- Dragonfly Vine Rubber Stamp by Stampendous®
- 4 1/4" Square Paper Mache Box
- Craft Smart™ Acrylic Paint - Vanilla
- Apple Barrel Colors® Paint - Caribbean
- Folk Art™ Acrylic Paint - Bright Baby Pink
- Tim Holtz® Distress Dye Ink Pad - Antique Linen
- VersaMark™ Watermark Ink
- Recollections™ Floral Embellishments
- Recollections™ Adhesive Rhinestones
- Recollections™ Mini Round Gems
- Recollections™ Embossing Powder - Detail Ebony and Silver Sparkle
- Heat Tool
- Beacon® Zip-Dry™ Adhesive
- Recollections™ Translucent Specialty Paper
Paint paper mache box with one coat of vanilla acrylic paint.
Use a makeup sponge to randomly sponge Caribbean acrylic paint around the edges of the box and lid.
Use the same sponge to randomly sponge pink paint on the box.
Randomly stamp floral image from the Charms Collection with black dye ink around the box and lid.
Repeat step 4 with butterfly image.
Repeat step 4 with postcard image.
Apply Antique Linen Distress Ink to the white areas of the box and lid with a sponge.
Hold the VersaMark pad in your hand and apply ink directly to the edges of the lid and box in a random pattern.
Cover the ink with Sparkle Silver embossing powder.
Heat the powder until it sets.
Stamp dragonfly image on the lid of box with VersaMark Watermark ink.
Sprinkle ebony embossing powder over the top of the stamped image and shake the excess into the jar.
Heat image until the embossing powder sets.
Adhere rhinestone flourish to left side of lid.
Adhere pink flowers on the top left corner with Scotch adhesive.
Adhere three pink jewels on the bottom right corner with Scotch adhesive.
Stamp the wings part of the dragonfly on a scrap of translucent paper.
Cover the ink with ebony embossing powder and shake the excess into the jar.
Heat powder until it sets.
Cut out the wings and connecting body part.
Glue the wings to the box over the top of the stamped dragonfly lifting the wings to give them a 3D look.