Dream Big Giraffe
Create this fun giraffe from boxes and paper towel tubes!
Courtesy of the Michaels Design Studio.
- Paper Mache Boxes – 4" and 3½"
- Recycled Paper Towel Tubes
- Aleene’s® Quick Dry Tacky Glue
- Creatology™ Felt Sheets – Orange, Yellow and Red
- Creatology™ Embossed Felt Sheet – Dark Brown
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes
- Low Heat Glue Gun (Adult Only)
- Pattern (download button below)
Adult: Hot glue (low temp.) the paper towel tubes and boxes together to form a giraffe-shaped body.
Cut yellow felt into pieces and glue with Aleene’s® Quick Dry Tacky Glue until body of giraffe is covered. It is best to work in sections.
Cut out irregular shapes for the spots and glue to the felted body with Aleene’s® Quick Dry Tacky Glue. To keep spots in place while drying, place a piece of tape over the felt spot and body. Once it dries, take off the tape and discard.
Add a brown strip around the feet.
Cut out strips for the tail, ear shapes and a red felt tongue (download pattern below).
Glue wiggle eyes on.