Easter Chick Egg Tote
Make this delightful painted mini tote for Easter eggs or candy. It's easy and fun to paint using Americana® Acrylic Paints!
Designed by Jean Kievlan courtesy of DecoArt® Americana®.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – Snow White, Tangelo Orange, Pistachio Mint, Ebony Black, Lemon Yellow, Petal Pink, Lavender
- Unfinished Wood Mini Tote Box With Handle
- Paintbrushes – 3/4” Flat, #4 Shader, #1 Round
- Graphite Paper
- Transparent Tape
- Craft Glue – White
- 1/8” Ribbon, 12” – Light Green Dots
- Pattern (download button below)
Print out the pattern (download below).
Paint box with Pistachio Mint.
Tape graphite paper, then pattern on box. Transfer chick design onto box with a pencil.
Paint chick Lemon Yellow. Let paint dry completely between coats of paint.
Transfer pattern for beak, eyes and cheeks to chick.
Paint beak Tangelo Orange, cheeks Petal Pink and eyes Ebony Black.
When dry, dot each cheek with Snow White.
Use #1Round to outline Chick with Tangelo Orange, or float shading with #4 Shader.
Use brush handle make 5 dot Lavender flowers. Dot Snow White centers in flowers.
When paint is dry, glue a double strand Green 1/8” ribbon bow at chick’s chin.