Crochet this stylish cowl with Fun Fur® yarn which is the go-to yarn for that luxurious fur-look.
Courtesy of Lion Brand®.
- Lion Brand® Fun Fur® Yarn – Cotton Candy Stripes (6 Balls) or Color of Choice
- Lion Brand® Crochet Hook, Size K-10.5 (6.5 mm)
- Lion Brand® Large-eyed Blunt Needle
12 dc = 4" (10 cm)
1. Cowl is worked in joined rnds. At the end of each rnd, join last st with sl st in first st.
2. If you find it difficult to join the beg ch into a ring without twisting the ch, Rnd 1 of Cowl can be worked as a row, then joined into a rnd, as follows: Leaving a long beg tail, ch 74, dc in 4th ch from hook (beg ch counts as a dc), dc in each ch across; join with sl st in top of beg ch – 72 dc at the end of this rnd. Use beg tail to sew gap at base of first row closed. Proceed to Rnd 2.
3. Drawstring is worked first so that remaining yarn can all be used for the Cowl.
Make a ch 36" (91.5 cm) long.
Row 1: Sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.
Ch 72; taking care not to twist the ch; join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc in this rnd and in all following rnds), dc in each ch a round; join with sl st in top of beg ch – 72 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc around; join with sl st in top of turning ch.
Repeat Rnd 2 until all six balls of yarn have been used.
Weave in ends. Weave Drawstring through Cowl, about 5" (12.5 cm) below top edge, weaving in and out about every 1" (2.5 cm).
beg = begin(ning)(s)
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
rnd(s) = round(s)
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.
Finished circumference about 24" (61 cm)
Finished length about 19" (48.5 cm)