Martha Stewart Crafts™ Elegant Gold and Silver Butterfly Ornament
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Paper Pad, 12"x12" - Elegant
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Adhesive Borders - Pearl Regal
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Gemstones - Diamond
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stickers - Golden Butterfly
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Craft Knife
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Craft Ruler, 14"x3"
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Bone Folder
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Precision Scissors
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Fine-Tip Glue Pen
- Thread - Gold
Cut four strips of 7"x¾" paper and four strips of 5"x¾" paper.
Fold each of the 7" strips in half. Adhere approximately ¼" of the bottom edges together. Once dry, carefully use fingers to bow out the sides, making a leaf shape.
With the 5" pieces, glue the two ends together to form a loop.
On the larger leaf shaped pieces, apply a narrow adhesive border around the center of the outside.
Glue the bottom ends of the pieces together, alternating leaf and teardrop shapes, to create ornament as shown. Glue together four alternating pieces first. Then, separately, glue the other four alternating pieces. Finally, glue the two assemblies together.
Adhere a diamond gemstone to the center on both sides, hiding the intersection of all the pieces.
Use tip of scissors to poke a tiny hole in the top center of a large leaf-shaped piece. Run two ends of a length of gold thread down through the top. Tie on the inside of the ornament with a large knot so it doesn't slip back through the hole.
Choose two small butterflies and attach them to the cord facing each other.