Fall Wreath with Pumpkins
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections
- Forster® Jumbo Woodsies® Circles, XXL (2 ½-inch), 1
- Forster® Jumbo Woodsies® Circles, XL (2-inch), 2
- Forster® Hand Drill
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, Light Cinnamon
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, Moon Yellow
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, Tangelo Orange
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, Leaf Green
- DecoArt® Weathered Wood® Crackling Medium
- Grape Vine Wreath, 8-inch diameter, 1
- Ribbon, 1/8-inch wide, Brown with Black Squares, 6-inch length
- Ribbon, 1/8-inch wide, Yellow/Orange, 6-inch length
- Ribbon, 1/8-inch wide, Green with White Stitching, 6-inch length
- Die Cut Fall Leaves, 7
- Adhesive Tech™ Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Loew-Cornell® White Nylon, Series 797-F, Flat Stain Paintbrush, Size 2
- Loew-Cornell® White Nylon, Series 797-F, Flat Stain Paintbrush, Size 6
- Zig® Memory System® Millennium™ Marker, Black Permanent
- Black Ink Pad
- Make-up Sponge
Drill a hole ¼-inch from edge in each Woodsie® circle.
Paint circles Light Cinnamon. Let dry. Paint circles with crackling medium and allow to dry following manufacturer's instructions. Paint circles Moon Yellow. Let dry.
Refer to photo and paint pumpkins and leaves on circles. Let dry. Use marker to draw stems, tendrils, and outline pumpkins and leaves.
To attach ribbons to circles, fold ribbon in half and place folded end of ribbon through hole on circle. Pull folded end through approximately ½-inch and then place cut ends of ribbon through folded loop. Tug on ribbon ends to snug knot up against circle.
For dimension, crinkle leaves into a ball and then flatten slightly. Dab sponge onto ink pad and apply to high areas on leaves.
Refer to photo and glue leaves and pumpkin circles to wreath.
For ease in placing ribbon through hole in circle, cut a 4-inch length of fine wire and fold wire in half. Place center of ribbon length into folded end of wire. Thread cut ends of wire through hole--similar to using a needle and thread.