The kids will love catching Santa in the act as he comes down the chimney!
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Foam Board - 20" x 30" x 3/16", Red
- CraftBond™ Quick Dry Glue Dual Tip Pen
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Retractable #1 Knife (with new blade)
- The Paper Company™ / TCP Studio™: School Days™ Collection, 12" x 12" scrapbook paper, "Back To School"
- The Paper Company™ / TCP Studio™: 12" x 12" cardstock, skin color of choice
- Photocopier and copy paper
- Command™ Picture Hanging Strips, Medium (Velcro)
- Pattern (download button below)
Use photocopier to enlarge all patterns (download below) 200%. Cut out patterns with X-ACTO® 8" Scissors.
Position Upper Body/Hat and Nose patterns on Red Elmer's® Foam Board and trace using pencil. Trace Beard/Head, two Cuffs, two Eyebrows, Mustache, Hat Brim and Hat Pom patterns onto White Foam Board. Use an X-ACTO® Retractable #1 Knife (with new blade) on Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut Foam Board. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blade often.)
On green side of "Back To School" paper, trace one Mitten pattern, flip pattern over and trace second Mitten and two Holly Leaves. On skin color paper, trace Face pattern. Use Scissors to cut out paper pieces. Use CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to align and attach paper Mittens to mitten areas on (Red) Santa piece.
Referring to photo, position 11 1/2" Beard/Head Circle and both Cuffs to (Red) Santa and use CraftBond™ Quick Dry Glue Dualtip Pen to attach. Use Glue Stick to attach Face oval near top of Circle. Position and then use Glue Pen to attach Hat Brim, Mustache, Eyebrows, Nose and wiggle eyes.
Use Glue Pen to attach Hat Pom to tip of Hat. To shape Holly Leaves, fold in half vertically green-sides-together and unfold. Then fold from each point to the vertically fold, wrong-sides-together. Referring to photo, position Holly Leaves, slightly overlapping, and use Glue Pen to attach to Hat under Hat Brim. Bend leaves to desired shape.
Use Command Picture Hanging Strips according to package instructions to hang Santa on fireplace to look as though he's just coming down from the inside of the chimney.
(Note: For decoration only, when fireplace is NOT in use.)