First Day of School Frame
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint – Golden Brown, White, Sage Green, Holiday Red, Neon Yellow, Neon Pink and Mustard Yellow
- Craft Smart® Glitter Paint – Red Glitter
- Craft Smart® Metallic Paints – Brown Metallic
- DecoArt® Wooded Frame, 4"x6"
- Paintbrushes – Flat and Liner
- Water Container
- Palette (or Paper Plate)
- Paper Towels
- Tracing & Transfer Paper
- Permanent Marker, Ultra Fine Tip – Black
- Permanent Marker, Fine Tip – Black
- Ribbon – Color of Choice
Seal as desired.
Base coat frame Sage Green.
To brighten painted elements of pattern, two base coats will be applied. First base coat is mixture of White and other color to be painted. For pencil, mix White with Mustard Yellow 2:1. After that is dry, base pencil with Mustard Yellow. Stipple Neon Yellow highlights down centers. Shade with Golden Brown.
For sharpened part of pencil, mix White with Golden Brown 2:1.
Repeat if desired.
For eraser, mix White with Golden Brown 2:1 and base eraser. For second base coat, apply only Golden Brown.
Wash Neon Pink on outside of erasers.
Line band between eraser and pencil with Brown Metallic.
Add White to Holiday Red 2:1 and base hearts. Base hearts again with Holiday Red. When dry, paint Red Glitter over hearts.
Ink lettering with black fine tip permanent marker. With Black, dot ends of letters and base in pencil lead.
With black ultra fine permanent marker, ink broken lines around hearts and pencils.
Dot on White where shown on photo.
Spray with spray varnish of choice.
Glue ribbon over bottom pencil if desired.