Flaming Hot Math Notebook
- Plaid® Simply® Stencil, 28497
- Plaid® FolkArt® Acrylic Paint, Licorice
- Plaid® Mod Podge® matte
- Harley Davidson scrapbook paper
- 3 ring notebook, black
- CraftSmart® Paint Brush, ¾-inch flat
- Crayola® fine tip marker, black
- Fine Motor
- Using the pattern provided, trace the flames onto the back of the orange scrapbook paper and cut out. Use Mod Podge to glue the flames to the left side of the notebook; let dry. Cut out the second set of flames from the Harley Davidson paper. Cut off a ¼-inch from the bottom edge of the paper. Glue on top of the orange paper, lining the edges up at the bottom and moving it to the right about ¼-inch.
- Cut four 1 7/8-inch circles from orange paper. Stencil the letters M, A, T, H onto each circle in licorice. Glue the circles onto black scrapbook paper to spell math vertically, as shown. Draw a wiggly rectangle around the word MATH. Cut out and glue to the flame paper as shown.
- Stencil the word "rocks" vertically onto orange paper. Cut a wavy rectangle around the letters. Glue the rectangle to the flame paper. Cut out around the letters leaving about a ¼-inch border of flame paper showing. Glue the flame paper to the notebook on the top right-hand side as shown.
- Cut a 2¼-inch circle from flame paper and glue to the bottom right corner of the notebook. Trace the star onto orange paper, cut out and glue on top of the flame circle.
- Outline the orange circles, "rocks", and the star with the black pen. Add a top coat of Mod Podge to seal. More than one coat may be needed.
This project will require adult supervision and assistance.
The supply list and instructions listed are to create the sample project as shown. Encourage kids to be creative, selecting their own choice of colors, designs and placement.
Kids can substitute other class subjects in place of math, if desired.