Flirty Ruffled Shoulder Bag
- Premier® Yarns Starbella™ (100% acrylic / 100g, 33 yds) Yarn – Collegiate (4 Balls)
- Straight Needles, US Size 7
- Double Pointed Needles, US Size 11
- Weight Yarn – Coordinating Color of Choice (4 Yds)
- Closed Bottom Zipper (12”)
- Fabric – Coordinating Color of Choice (Approx 1 Yd) Scissors
- Tapestry Needle
Length (not including strap or ruffled edges): 10”
With smaller ndls, cast on 40 sts by picking up loops along non-ribboned edge of yarn. Knit 1 row, using loops along skinny/non-ribboned edge as the working yarn. Work even in Garter st until piece measures approximately 16” from cast on edge. Bind off all sts, being sure to fasten off last st tightly by tying a knot.
With DK weight yarn, sew side seams of yarn. Line bag with fabric, and sew in zipper along top edge.
With dpns, cast on 6 sts, using yarn as a ribbon and without working into loops along either edge. Row 1: K6, sl sts to other end of dpn, pull yarn tightly across back. Rep row 1 until strap measures 34” or desired length. Bind off all sts. With DK weight yarn, sew strap to bag at either end of zipper and tuck in ends.
Beg – beginning
DPN – double pointed needle
K – knit
Ndl – needle
St(s) – stitch(es)