Flower for Mom Card
Surprise mom with this three-dimensional Mother’s Day card created with clear stamp sets from Inkadinkado® and print papers.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamp Set: Happy Days
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamp Set: Flashy Floral
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamping Blocks: Small, Medium
- ColorBox® Chalk Ink: Charcoal
- StazOn® Solvent Ink: Jet Black
- Recollections® Assorted Trucks and Trains Value Pack Cardstock: Yellow
- K&Company© Amy Butler Lotus Faded China Paper Pad: Assorted Prints (12-inch x 12-inch)
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Medium Punch: Classic Butterfly
- EK Success® Coloriser® Heat Tool (for heat setting inks)
- Distressing Tool
Finished Size: 5½-inches x 5-½-inches.
Use yellow cardstock to make a side-folding card. Tint the edges of the card with charcoal ink.
Cut a 5-inch square from blue print paper and tint the edges with charcoal ink. Stamp the flourish image near the bottom right corner with charcoal ink. Stamp “Happy Mother’s Day” with jet black ink above the flourish. Glue the paper to the card.
Cut a 3-inch circle of scrap cardstock to use for the base of the flower. Cut several ¾-inch wide strips of grey/green print paper to create the flower. Twist the paper to create curled strips. Put glue in the center of the cardstock circle. Curl one of the twisted paper strips and adhere in the center of the circle. Continue to add glue and paper strips until you have desired flower size. After you have the flower complete, trim around the outside of the circle so that no cardstock shows.
Stamp the leaf image two times with charcoal ink on green print paper. Cut the images to shape and use the distressing tool on the edges.
Glue the leaves and flower above and to the left of the sentiment.
Stamp the butterfly image with charcoal ink on blue print paper. Punch out the image with the butterfly punch. Glue the center of the butterfly in the upper right corner and carefully bend the wings up.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Use a fast-drying, strong adhesive to create the paper flower. If you do not have a distressing tool, you can use the blade of a scissors.