Elmer's Foam Board Designer Bulletin Board
Create a fun, flirty bulletin board to help keep you organized!
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- (4) Elmer's® Foam Board, Black on Black, 20"x30"x1/2"
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ All Purpose Glue Stick
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Glue Spots, Thin-medium
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Rotary Paper Trimmer
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12"x12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Gripster® Knife
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- 12" x 12" Scrapbook Paper - color and style of choice
- (8) Fabric Buttons
- 8 1/2" x 12 1/2" Chalkboard Sheet
- 3yd. 14" Length of 7/8" black with white polka dot grosgrain ribbon
- 2" & 3" Silk Flowers, (4) Light Pink, (2) Dark Pink, (2) Black
- Approx. 2" Wide Shipping Tape
- Pink Chalk
- (8) Push Pins
- (2) Large Paper Clips
- Hardcover Books (for weights)
To create 30" square back layer, place 20" x 30" Elmer's® Foam Board on work surface. With second sheet, use Metal Ruler and pencil to mark 10" x 30" piece. Use Gripster® Knife (with new blade) on Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.) Align edges of Foam Board to make 30" square piece. With a helper holding pieces together, use shipping tape to tape together. Turn over, tape side down.
For border trim, use remaining 10" wide Foam Board to mark and cut two 2" x 30" and two 2" x 26" lengths. Position long ones vertically and short ones horizontally onto 30" square back layer, aligning outside edges. Use All Purpose Glue Stick to attach.
Note that nine 8" square panels are all cut separately and will have 1/2" space between each and the border trim. Mark and cut six 8" squares from third Foam Board and three more from fourth Foam Board. (Wait to glue.)
Use Rotary Paper Trimmer to cut eight 8" squares from eight different papers. (Note that those papers calling for two papers, use one front and one back side.) Also cut one 8" square from chalkboard sheet. Use Glue Stick to attach all nine to Foam Board squares. Arrange as desired (with chalkboard sheet in center) onto back layer, leaving 1/2" between squares and border, and between squares. Use Glue Stick to attach and weigh down with books. Let dry.
Starting at bottom center, use Glue Stick to glue ribbon to outside edge, a few inches at a time. Use Scissors to trim slightly overlapping ends. For push pins, use Glue Spots to attach backs of flowers to push pins. Personalize using chalk on center black board square.
For hangers, on back measure and mark 2 1/2” down from top and 3" in from each side. At each mark use craft knife to make 1/4" long, shallow horizontal slits. Carefully insert knife blade into each slit, angled up toward top and remove. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clips 1/4". Insert shorter rounded ends up into slits, creating hanger loops with longer ends of paper clips.