Foam Egg with Sharpie Paint Designs
Celebrate with colorful pastel eggs you create with the help of Sharpie markers, and add a stuffed animal surprise!
The Sharpie collection of oil-based paint markers make this Spring project a breeze. Designed by DecoArt® Design Team.
- Foam Egg – Pink
- Sharpie® Oil Based Paint Marker, Medium Nib – Red, Hot Pink, Lime Green, Dark Green, and White
- Sharpie® Oil Based Paint Marker, Large Nib – Red
- Sharpie® Oil Based Paint Marker Fine Nib – Lime Green
- Celebrate It™ Paper Crinkle – Green
- Artificial Pumpkin Carving Tool Pack
- Circle Template
- Prismacolor® Illustration Marker – Red and Purple
- Stuffed Animal
- Emery Board
Draw a zigzag design on the egg two-thirds up and then cut with the carving saw. Use an emery board to smooth the rough edges.
Use a Prismacolor® Illustration marker to draw the circles with the circle template and then add the flower petals around it. The green leaves help connect the design throughout. Color the edges of the cuts with a contrasting color. Let dry.
Fill the cavity of the egg with the crinkle paper and add the bunny.
Use the carving saw to cut two ear holes in the top piece of the egg. Slide the ears through. If another animal is used that does not have ear, then do not cut the ear holes and just set the egg shell on the top.
The design on the egg can be as organic as you wish. It can be a repeating or non-repeating design. Alternate the pink and the red flowers and paint green leaves to help connect the design throughout.