FolkArt HD Tropical Lily Nesting Totes
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Berry Wine
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Engine Red
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Thicket
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Wicker White
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Alizarin Crimson
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Medium Yellow
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Turners Yellow
- FolkArt® Acrylic- Yellow Citron
- FolkArt Sealer
- One Stroke Brushes: ¾” Flat, #12 Flat, #2 Script Liner, Base Coating Brush
Sand the surface of the wood and wipe clean.
Basecoat the nesting tote with Alizarin Crimson or similar dark red color; allow to dry. Sand lightly and apply second coat as needed.
PAINTING THE LILIES:
Using the worksheets provided, practice painting the lilies. Follow instructions below.
Double load the ¾” flat brush with Engine Red and Medium Yellow.
Add a touch of Berry Wine to the Engine Red side and a touch of Wicker White to the Medium Yellow side.
Using the flat side of the brush, and keeping the Yellow/White side to the outer edge, paint the petals.
Load the script liner with Turners Yellow and add dots to the petals.
Double load the #12 flat brush with Thicket and Yellow Citron. Using the chisel edge of the brush, and leading with Yellow Citron, pull the stamens into the center of the flower.
Load the script liner with Thicket and Yellow Citron; add a small curve to the center where the stamens meet.
PAINTING THE LEAVES:
Using the worksheets provided, practice painting the leaves. Follow instructions below.
Double load the ¾” flat brush with Thicket and Yellow Citron. Using the flat side of the brush, paint the long leaves.
Allow to dry and seal with several coats of spray sealer. Allow sealer to dry between coats.