Courtesy of Wilton Industries, Inc.
- Wilton Heart Pan Set (6, 10, 14 inch needed)
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 12
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 104
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 352
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 366
- Wilton Icing Color, Rose
- Wilton Icing Color, Kelly Green
- Wilton Threshold of Happiness Ornament
- Wilton Royal Icing Recipe
- Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Wilton Heart Floating Tiers Stand Set
- Wilton Floral Puff Accents, 6
- Wilton Meringue Powder
- Wilton Flower Nail No. 7
- Wilton Cake Boards
- Wilton Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance, using royal icing, make 15 pink and 16 white tip 104 roses with tip 12 bases. Make 110 white and 110 pink tip 104 rosebuds. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Ice 2-layer tiers smooth with spatula. Position tiers on plates. Pipe tip 366 leaf bottom border on all tiers.
On 6 inch tier, add rosebuds and pipe tip 352 leaf top border. On 10 and 14 inch tiers, add roses, rosebuds and tip 352 leaf top border.
Pipe tip 352 leaves on cake sides.
At reception, assemble cakes on floating tiers stand, position ornament.
TipsThis cake serves 110. The top tier of a wedding cake is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
Always place a separator plate on the
cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your ornament to the plate with tacky craft tape.
See the current edition of the Wilton Yearbook for Cake Decorating for decorating techniques, cake construction methods, and information about products.