Forever a Flower Girl Headband
Whether you love flowers in vases, flowers in your hair or flowers everywhere, you’ll stay a flower girl forever with this ultra feminine accessory! Turn a headband into a beautiful bouquet with colorful felt and Aleene’s® adhesives.
Designed by Laurie Eaton for iLoveToCreate®.
- Aleene's® Jewel-It™ Embellishing Glue
- Aleene's® Fast Grab™ Tacky Glue
- Tulip® Glitter™ Spray Paint - Diamond
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint:
- Grape Matte
- Azalea Matte
- Neon Fiesta Orange
- Neon Sunburst Yellow
- Black Fabric Covered Headband
- Felt Squares - green, light green, dark blue, light blue, purple, light purple
- Ribbon - 1/2" coordinating color
- Assorted laces, ribbons, buttons, beads and gems
- Stiff paper (for flower templates)
- Chalk Pencil
- Small Paintbrush
- Paper Towels
- Foil or Foam plate for palette
- Clothespins (optional)
Cut out flower and leaf shapes from pattern.
Use chalk pencil to trace around flower shapes on blue and purple felt pieces, and leaf paper shapes on green felt pieces. Cut out.
Place headband on paper towels and spray with Diamond Glitter Spray Paint. Let dry.
Determine length of ribbon needed to run the length of headband end to end, plus ¼” on each side to fold under edges. Cut then glue along center of headband with Fast Grab Tacky Glue, making sure to glue ends to underside of headband. Hold in place with clothespins as needed. Let dry.
Determine the placement of felt flowers and leaves on headband. Glue in place with Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Let dry.
Squeeze a puddle of each Soft Fabric Paint onto palette. Use a small paintbrush to accent felt leaves and flowers. Refer to photo.
Randomly apply gems, beads, and lace trims to headband with Jewel-It Embellishing Glue. Let dry completely.