Fun Form Horse
- Baking Sheet- Clay Dedicated
- Oven (for adult use only)
- Pluffy™ Fun Form Kit
- Fine Motor
- Knead brown clay for 2 minutes. Use the roller to roll clay into a very thin sheet. Wrap clay around the Fun Form head and body. Use fingers to smooth seams where clay meet. Use the tool to trim excess clay. Save scraps of brown clay for ears and saddle edge.
Cover the legs with brown clay in the same way. Make sure NOT to place clay over the hole on the bottom of each foot.
- Knead black clay for 2 minutes. Make 2 tiny balls for irises, 2 tiny ovals for nostrils, and 2 very small teardrops for inner ears. Make 4 medium logs for hooves. Make 2 thin logs for harness. Make a large oval for saddle. Flatten pieces with fingers, flattening nostrils and hooves just slightly. Do not flatten harness pieces.
- Knead white clay for 2 minutes. Make 2 very small half-circles for eyes and 2 very tiny balls for pupils. Make a medium oval for muzzle. Make a medium tapered log for mane and another medium tapered log for tail; curl ends of tail slightly as shown. Make 4 medium, irregular ovals for spots. Flatten pieces, except mane and tail, with fingers. Using brown clay, make 2 small teardrops for ears. Flatten pieces with fingers.
Gently pinch center of muzzle to create a figure-8 shape; flatten again and press to head. Use pointed end of tool to create 2 oval-shaped impressions in muzzle; insert nostril pieces into holes.
Using brown and black scraps, mix colors together to make 1 thin log for saddle edging.
Press eyes, irises, and pupils to head. Press large spots to sides of body near each leg. Press hooves around top of feet.
- Starting at back of head, wrap one harness piece around neck. Wrap second harness around middle of body. Use tool to trim excess clay. Press saddle edge around saddle; press saddle to back over harness ends.
- Press mane and tail to body. Use pointed end of tool to make detail lines in hair. Press black inner ears to brown ears. Press wide ends of ears to head on each side of mane. Shape ears with fingers so tips of ears curve slightly outward.
- ADULT: Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275º F (130º C) for 15 minutes per ¼-inch (6mm) of thickness. Do not use in microwave or toaster oven. Place baking sheet on the lowest oven rack when baking. Do not exceed the above temperatures or recommended baking time. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces.
Good working surfaces include glass or metal, disposable foil or wax paper.
Be sure to clean hands and tools before starting your project. For best results, clean hands in between colors.
Start with lighter colors and work your way down to darker colors, to avoid discoloring the clay.
Wash hands after working with clay.
Adult supervision is required at all times.