George Washington Mask
- Paper Plate
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Paint Brush
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Paper Towels
- Glue Gun (Adult Use Only)
- Creatology™ Foam Sheet - Brown
- Creatology™ Pom Pom - White
- Americana® Acrylic Paint - Flesh Tone
- Sharpie® Fine-Tip Permanent Marker - Black
- Poke pencil through center of paper plate. Insert scissors into opening and cut out center circle from plate.
- Gently flatten plate on work surface. Paint half of the ring flesh color. Allow to dry.
- Attach pom pom hair with craft glue to cover half of ring. Set aside to allow glue to dry.
- Cut a 1½"x8" piece of cardboard. Cover with jumbo sticks, starting at one end. You will need to overlap the sticks. See photo for detail. Set aside to dry.
- Cut four 5"x3" strips from brown foam. Draw stitch marks on two of the rectangles. Allow marker to dry.
- Take the two stitched pieces and put the backsides together. Use glue to attach one of the short ends together.
- Open the stitched pieces to form front of hat. Use glue to attach each of the two back pieces of foam in the same manner. Set aside.
- Adult Only: hot glue to backside of ring where the pom pom hair stopped. Be sure to angle them slightly upward to help shape hair curl. Glue on remaining pom poms for hair covering the craft sticks. This will complete the hair curl. Allow glue to dry.
- Draw chin on plate with black marker.
- Put hat in place over hair and staple the back flaps together. Glue hat to backside of ring.
- Glue additional jumbo sticks to backside of ring if needed for stability.
- Cut two jumbo sticks in half.