Gingerbread Face Plate
Serve up your favorite holiday cookies with this adorable gingerbread plate.
Courtesy of DecoArt®.
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint – White, Holiday Green, Black, Golden Brown and Holiday Red
- Craft Smart® Varnish – Satin
- Water Container
- Palette (or Paper Plate)
- Paper Towels
- Transfer Paper (light and dark)
- Tracing Paper
- Paintbrushes – ¾" Flat Brush, #8 Flat Brush, #6 Flat Brush, 10/0 Liner Brush and Large Stencil Brush
- Round Plate, 11½" – Basswood
- Pattern (download button below)
Using ¾" flat brush, paint center of the plate with Golden Brown. Let dry.
Paint rim and back of plate using Holiday Green. Let dry.
Transfer face design to center of the plate and candy shapes to the rim. Do not transfer candy stripes at this time. Let dry.
Paint the candies and the icing White using the #8 flat brush. Let dry.
Using same brush, paint eyes Black and nose and mouth Holiday Red. Let dry.
Using the dry stencil brush, dip lightly in Holiday Red. Rub off paint onto a paper towel until almost all paint is removed. Then using a circular motion, rouge cheeks. Let dry.
Transfer stripe lines onto candy. Using a #6 flat brush and Holiday Red, paint every other section on candies. Let dry.
With liner brush and white, paint highlights in eyes, nose, mouth and on cheeks and candies. Let dry.
Using black and the liner brush, line the mouth, outline the nose, and hair and outline the candies. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Add varnish. Let dry.