Girl Heart Person Valentine's Day Project
Use your creativity to make your project unique!
Designed by Sulyn Industries.
- Pen (or Marker)
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Creatology™ Foam Sheet – Red (2) and Pink (1)*
- Creatology™ Glitter Foam Peel & Stick Sheet – Silver
- Gem, Large
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes, Large (2)
- Creatology™ Glitter Chenille Stems, 12" – Purple (2-3)
- Creatology™ Glitter Glue, 1.8 oz. – Purple
- Pattern (download button below)
- *Use Pre-cut Foam Shape as an Alternative:
- Foam Heart, 5" – Red (1)
- Foam Hearts, Sticky-back, 1" – Red (4)
- Foam Hearts, Sticky-back, 1¼" – Red (4)
- Foam Hearts, Sticky-back, 1½" – Pink (1)
- Foam Hearts, Sticky-back, ¾" – Pink (2)
Cut red foam sheet to 8"x10½".
Print and cut out patterns (download below) . Use the large heart pattern to trace and cut a 5" heart out of the red foam sheet. OPTIONAL: Purchase a pre-cut foam heart to use instead.
Glue two large wiggle eyes to the face, as shown. Be sure to leave room for a smile.
Cut two purple chenille stems approximately 4-5" long for the legs and two 3-4" for the arms. Bend to shape the arms and legs.
Attach arms and legs to the back of the heart using hot glue (under adult supervision).
Cut eight 1" hearts (use pattern) out of red foam to use for the hands and feet. Sandwich the end of each pipe cleaner “arm” and “leg” between two of the hearts and glue together with hot glue. OPTIONAL: Use foam hearts with peel and stick backs instead of gluing them together.
Shape various length of purple glitter chenille stems into swirls for the hair. Adhere to back of heart with hot glue.
Cut a bow shape (use pattern) out of silver glitter foam and adhere to front side of face to make a hair bow. Glue a large gem in the center of the bow.
Use the pattern to cut a 1½" heart out of pink or white foam, write your message (for this we used “I’ve got eyes for you”) and glue to a hand.
Adhere a 4" heart (pattern provided) or smaller sized red foam heart to the back side to cover the ends of the chenille stems and to add stability to the figure.
Using purple glitter glue, draw eyelashes around the wiggle eyes, draw a smile, and outline the hands and feet. At the ends of the smile, glue small pink foam heart shapes.