- Mod Podge® Classic
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint - White
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint - Brown
- Glitter Glue - Gold
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem
- Craft Smart® Paint Brush
- Fine Motor
- Draw two large hearts and two small hearts on pink cardstock. Cut out.
- Paint the edges of the hearts with brown craft paint. Let dry. Apply the gold Glitter Glue on top of the brown paint. Let dry.
- Decorate the large wings with brown dots randomly spaced and add Glitter Glue. Let dry, then fill in the space with brown and white dots.
- Decorate the small wings with brown paint in the center and embellish with Glitter Glue. Add white dots to the wings as shown using the end of a brush handle.
- Wrap the chenille stem into the shape of the body. Thread the second chenille stem in the top of the body and twist ends for antennas.
- Use Mod Podge to attach the two large wings together, then the two small wings. Use Mod Podge to glue the two sets together in the center. Only glue the center so the small wings can stick out some.
- Glue the body and antennae to the center of the wings.
TipsAdd something that sparkles to any room with this spring butterfly.
Using different size hearts makes a variety of butterflies. Be creative with the decorations.