Glittery “JOY” Hanger
Spread the joy of the Christmas season with this charming door hanger in traditional holiday colors.
Designed by Helen Slabodukh for Blumenthal Lansing Co.
- Favorite Findings™ Glitter Buttons (Red)
- Favorite Findings™ Matte Buttons (Cloud White)
- Scrapbook Paper (2 red and white patterns)
- Dye Based Inkpad (Brown)
- White Wood Letters (J, O, Y)
- Ribbon (1 yard red grosgrain 1 ½-inch wide, 18 inches green satin 1 ½-inch wide, 1 yard red satin ¼-inch wide, 1 yard green satin 1/8-inch wide)
- Christmas Embellishments (berries, pine branch, pine cones)
- Embroidery Floss (Red, Green)
- Paper Adhesive (of choice)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Trace letters onto paper. Cut out and use paper adhesive to glue to letters.
Run inkpad lightly along edges of letters to give an “aged” look. Set aside to dry.
Make two button stacks with large white and medium red buttons. Tie stacks with floss, knotting on top.
Make and tie one stack with large red, medium white, small red buttons. Tie and knot individual buttons: 4 medium white, 2 small red, 2 large red. Hot glue to letters.
Make a loop at top of wide red ribbon. Glue in place. Glue letters to ribbon.
Tie bows with wide green ribbon, narrow green and narrow red ribbons. Trim ribbon ends.
Glue red berries, narrow ribbon bows, and three button stack to center of wide green bow.
Glue wide green bow under loop at top of wide red ribbon hanger.
Glue remaining holiday embellishments and ribbons under the “Y”. Trim ribbon ends.