Going Places Transportation Cake
This irresistible cake is almost too cute to eat, but too tasty not to, and sure to be the hit of your next birthday celebration!
- Wilton® 8 x 2-inch Round Pans
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton Tips: 3, 16, 47,
- Wilton Icing Colors Leaf Green, Violet, Orange, Lemon Yellow, Sky Blue, Red-Red, Black
- Wilton Transportation Frame
- Wilton Transportation Icing Decorations
- Wilton Spatula
- Wilton Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton Cake Circle
- Wilton Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Favorite 2-Layer Cake Mix or Recipe
- Photograph (cut to fit frame)
Bake and cool 2-layer cake.
Ice cake smooth with blue buttercream icing.
Use toothpick to mark random shapes and sizes of buildings on cake sides.
Use tip 3 and all buttercream icing colors but black to outline buildings. Use tip 16 to cover buildings with same color stars.
Use the flat side of tip 47 to pipe black and yellow windows.
Insert frame with picture on cake top.
Arrange transportation icing decorations around base of cake.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.