Gone Fishing Game
- Crayola® Markers
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Paper Clips
- Decorative Paper of Choice
- Creatology™ Pom Pom - White
- Creatology™ Pom Pom - Red
- Magnetic Specialty, Inc.® Magnet Buttons
- Wood Dowel
- Blunt Scissors
- Construction Paper
- Fine Motor
- Click on the patten link and print pattern. Cut out and trace onto colored cardstock. Cut out four fish.
- Use markers to decorate the fish.
- Glue a paper clip to the back "mouth" of each fish with ½-inch of the clip showing. Glue yarn to the red pom pom. Glue a white pom pom to each side of the red pom pom to make the bobber. Attach the craft magnets to the white pom pom with glue. Tie the other end of the yarn to the end of the dowel, with the pom pom bobber hanging down.
- If your child is developmentally able, let them cut out an irregular shape from blue decorative paper for the pond, with your assistance. Glue the blue pond on top of green decorative paper. Again, with assistance and if your child is able, have them cut rock shapes from white paper. Glue onto the blue paper in random fashion.
For a more rewarding crafting experience with your child, you may wish to complete the craft steps over more than one session, especially when drying time is required, or the child appears to be losing interest.
To play game, spread fish on blue paper and fish away. The magnet will pick up the fish at the paper clip!
Craft NotesAdult supervision required at all times.
Children should only use scissors with adult supervision.