Great Outdoors Birthday Card
Create an outdoorsy birthday card that features a shadow effect using clear stamp sets from Inkadinkado®.
Designed by Heather Garl, courtesy of Inkadinkado®.
- Inkadinkado® The Great Outdoors Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Happy Days Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- StazOn® Solvent Ink - Forest Green
- Pigment Ink - White
- Recollections™ Kraft Cardstock
- K&Company® Cut N Paste Designer Paper Pad
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Coffee Bean
- Recollections™ Metallic Mini Circle Brads - Black
- 1/8" Hole Punch (for attaching brads)
- Rubber Gloves
Cut an 8-1/2 x 4 inch piece of Kraft cardstock. Score a line 3/4 inch in from the left edge and fold the 3/4 inch section to the back. Cut a 7-3/4 x 4 inch piece of Kraft cardstock and glue it to the 3/4 inch section of the other piece to form the back of the card.
Stamp Happy Birthday sideways along the left side of the card using forest green ink.
Cut a 5-1/2 x 3-1/4 inch rectangle from Kraft cardstock. Wearing rubber gloves, use your hand to run streaks of coffee bean paint down the rectangle.
Stamp the nature image with white ink on the rectangle. When it is dry stamp the nature image again with forest green ink, offsetting it slightly from the first image to create a shadow effect.
Wrap a piece of twine around the right side of the rectangle three times and knot the ends on the front.
Mat the rectangle with a piece of pattern paper. Add three brads in each corner of the Kraft rectangle. Glue the entire assembly to the card.