Halloween Glitter Spider Mobile
Create a fun mobile with spiders this Halloween. Use an old paintbrush or craft stick to apply glue for glittering.
Designed by: Lori Butler
- Creatology™ Glitter, Fine – Licorice
- Creatology™ Chenille Stems – Black
- Creatology™ Chenille Ribbon – Black
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes, 10mm
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes, 14mm
- Styrofoam® Balls, 2" (4)
- Styrofoam® Ball, 2½"
- Wooden Dowels, 1/8"x12" (2)
- Round Rhinestones, 8mm and 10mm
- Ribbon – Assorted Halloween Colors of Choice
- Craft Glue
- Old Paintbrush (or Craft Sticks) (Optional)
Cover one 2½" Styrofoam® ball and four 2" Styrofoam® balls in black glitter and let dry.
Cut eight black chenille stems into four equal pieces for baby spider’s legs. Bend and insert into smaller balls. Cut eight 4" pieces for Mama Spider. Bend and insert into larger ball.
Glue on 10mm wiggle eyes for baby spiders and 14mm wiggle eyes for Mama Spider.
Glue on rhinestone noses. Glue on ribbon bows (on top for girls; on bottom for boys).
Make a 2" loop from chenille stem. Insert into top of each spider.
Tie an 8-12" black ribbon to the loop.
Cover two wooden dowels with black ribbon. Glue together in a cross shape.
Loop black chenille ribbon in three concentric circles around the wood dowels to make the web.
Attach assorted ribbon to the top of the web to hang.