Halloween Paper Maché Skull Boxes
Halloween Paper Maché Skull Boxes can be used in so many ways! Fill them with treats or even in your table settings. You're friends will love the fun designs you create.
Designed by Marie Vetrano.
- Paper Maché Box(es) – Skull
- Acrylic Paint – Color(s) of Choice
- Sharpie® Paint Pens – Color(s) of Choice
- Creatology™ Chenille Stems, 6mm
- Creatology™ Pom Poms, ½" – Black
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes, 12mm and 15mm
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glitter Glue Pens – Iridescent
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glitter – Iridescent
- Mod Podge® – Matte
- Foam Brushes
- Paper Plate
- Paper Reamer (or Nail)
Remove box lid and paint it your color of choice. Let dry completely.
Use Sharpie® paint pen(s) to draw borders and designs. Let dry.
To glitter the lid, brush on Mod Podge®. Hold lid over paper plate and then sprinkle with fine glitter. Hold lid at an angle and tap the bottom of the lid to shake off the excess glitter.
For a glossy lid, brush on glossy Mod Podge® and let dry completely.
To make the alien, poke two holes in the lid with a paper reamer (or a nail). Bend a chenille stem in half and push through the holes from the inside of the lid. Stem may need to be trimmed. Glue a pom pom onto the end of the stems.
Use a glitter glue pen to outline edge of the lid, eyes and nose.
Glue on wiggle eyes.