Halloween Polka-Dot Apothecary Candy Dish
Halloween Candy looks festive in these painted Apothecary Jars! Using Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Craft Paint™ and Stencils, these glass jars are quick, easy and fun to create for your next Halloween party!
Designed by Chris Williams, courtesy of the Plaid Creative Team.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Craft Paint - Satin, Wedding Cake
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Craft Paint - Satin, Carrot
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Craft Paint - Satin, Rubber Ducky
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Craft Paint - Satin, Beetle Black
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Fine-Tip Tops
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Tape
- Candy Jar
- Water Container
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Paint Palette
- Paper Towels
Clean glass candy dish with warm soapy water, rinse in clean water and dry thoroughly.
Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe over entire glass surface; allow to dry.
Measure and tape off a band of desired with (image in photo was approx. 3")
Load pouncer with Wedding Cake and paint band. Allow to dry and re-apply if necessary. Allow second coat to dry thoroughly.
Tape off knob of on lid of jar. Paint Beetle Black. Allow to Dry.
Using different size pouncers, dot random variations and sizes of Carrot, Rubber Ducky and Beetle Black around Wedding Cake Band.
Use the fine tip top on Beetle Black to create tiny dots at top and bottom of band. Allow to dry.
Bake to cure. Place glass in cool oven; set oven to 350°F. and bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off and allow glass to cool in oven. Remove when completely cool.