Hanging Snowman Wish Frame
Let this little snowman shine light in your home!
Design courtesy of Sizzix.
- Sizzix® Bigkick Machine
- Sizzix® Originals™ Dies - Circles #2 and Stars #2
- Sizzix® Sizzlits® Dies - Decorative Flourishes
- Bazzill® Basics Cardstock - Avalanche
- Recollections™ Patterned Paper - Light Blue Distressed and Music Notes
- Inkadinado® Blending Chalks
- Loew Cornell Craft Sticks - Mini and Jumbo Sticks
- Loew Cornell Craft Picks
- FloraCraft® Styrofoam® Foam Shapes
- Studio Decor™ Scoop Hanging Frame, 31/2"x5" - White
- Recollections™ Glitter - Silver and Snow
- Low Heat Glue Gun
- Ranger Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
- Recollections™ Rhinestones, Self-adhesive - Black
- Spanish Moss
- Apple Barrel Colors® Paint - Orange
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, 5/8" - Light Blue
- Creatology™ Chenille Stems - Silver
- Recollections™ Sponge Chalk Applicators
- Prym® Balltip Pins
- Xyron® Adhesive
Cut a 3"x5" piece of light blue paper.
Remove the glass from a cream-colored, hanging frame and insert the light blue paper.
Shave off a portion of a 2" foam ball and 2-5/16"x3-1/16" foam egg to create a flat surface that will later be glued to the frame.
Use a wooden craft stick to cover both foam pieces with Snow-Tex®. Set aside to dry.
For the snowman’s nose, apply a small amount of orange paint to the pointed end of a small wooden craft stick. Set aside to dry.
Die-cut a 2½" circle out of patterned paper.
Roll circle to form a cone and secure with hot glue.
Use scissors to trim the bottom portion of the cone so it will sit flat on top of the snowman’s head.
Cut a 2" piece of silver pipe cleaner.
Adhere pipe cleaner around the bottom portion of the cone using hot glue, trimming off the excess.
Use a piece of the excess chenille stems to create a small spiral for the top of the cone and secure with hot glue.
Apply Xyron® adhesive to a 3"x3" piece of white cardstock.
Die-cut the flourish out of the piece of cardstock.
Peel away the backing and apply silver glitter to the swirl and set aside.
Die-cut the 2" star out of white cardstock.
Cut letters out of newsprint and adhere to the star.
Ink the star using a small sponge applicator.
Use a heat tool to dry the ink.
Apply Xyron® adhesive to the front of the star.
Peel away the backing and apply glitter. Brush off the excess glitter and set aside.
When the Snow-Tex® is dry, use hot glue to glue the head to the body of the snowman, making sure that both of the flat sides are to the back.
Tie 8" of light blue ribbon in a bow around the neck of the snowman.
Use hot glue to adhere the silver flourish and the star to the front of the snowman.
Use a small sponge applicator to lightly apply pale, pink chalk to the head of the snowman to create cheeks.
Adhere two small jewels to the head of the snowman for eyes.
Trim painted craft stick to 1" long. Apply glue and insert stick as shown to create the nose.
Insert five small straight pins with black heads into the head to create a mouth.
Use hot glue to attach the hat to the top of the head.
Use hot glue to attach a small amount of moss to the bottom of the frame.
Use hot glue to attach the snowman to the frame.
Insert two small sticks into the body of the snowman to create arms.