Hatching Chick Craft Egg
Can you say cute? This adorable hatching chick was made with Easter Craft Eggs and a few fun embellishments.
Designed by Michaels® Design Team
- Craft Eggs: Large Pink, Medium Yellow
- Creatology™ Foam Sheets: Orange, Lavender (12-inch x 18-inch)
- Creatology™ Sticky Foam Sheet: Black (9-inch x 12-inch)
- Zucker Feathers: Satinette Yellow
- Circle Craft Punch (2-inch)
- Hole Punch
- Walnut Hollow® Versa-Tool™ (for adult use only)
- Paper Towels
- Low Temp Glue Gun & Glue Sticks (for adult use only) or Heavy Craft Glue
Use pencil to draw a jagged line around the middle of the pink craft egg.
For Adult/Parent Use Only: While following product safety instructions, use the hot knife tip from the Versa-Tool™ to cut along the jagged line.
Punch circles from lavender foam and glue onto both pieces of the pink egg, all around as shown.
Place the yellow egg inside the base of the pink egg, as shown. You may need to stuff the bottom of the pink egg with paper towels to keep the chick from falling in.
Cut out a beak shape from orange foam. Use the hole punch to punch two eyes from black foam. Peel and stick the eyes onto the yellow egg and glue the beak in place as shown.
Apply glue to the ends of the feathers and tuck them in between the chick and egg as shown.
Glue the top egg piece to the chick’s head as desired.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.