Courtesy of Wilton Industries, Inc.
- Wilton 10 X 2 Inch Heart Pan
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 3
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 6
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 12
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 104
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 124
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 126
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 225
- Wilton Icing Color, Violet
- Wilton Only The Beginning Ornament
- Wilton Royal Icing Recipe
- Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Wilton 10 Inch Decorator Preferred Heart
- Separator Plates, 3
- Wilton 5 Inch Grecian Pillars, 1 package
- Wilton 1-7/8 Inch Green Artificial Leaves
- Wilton Flower Spikes
- Wilton Flower Nail No. 7
- Wilton Meringue Powder
- Craft block
- Non-toxic pastel chalks, pink and yellow
- Fine artist brush
- Florist wire, 20 gauge
- Pink tulle, 4 yards
- Tea strainer
In advance, using royal icing, make approximately 350 tip 225 violet swirled drop flowers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Cut 16 florist wire stems, 6 in. long each. Attach 20 drop flowers to each wire stem with royal icing. Attach additional flowers to bottom portion of 8 of the 16 sprays. Let dry in craft block.
Using white royal icing and flower nail, make four tip 124 roses and two tip 126 roses with tip 12 bases. Let dry.
Grate non-toxic chalk using a tea strainer. Immediately after piping, brush each rose with chalk.
Place 1-layer cakes on plates and ice smooth with spatula.
Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders on sides of cakes.
Pipe tip 104 ruffle top borders.
Attach roses to top edge of one cake and bottom edge of the other cake. Insert flower spikes next to roses and position floral sprays in each. Position artificial leaves.
Write tip 3 message.
Position top cake on pillars, slightly above bottom cake. Carefully wrap tulle in and around cakes.
TipsThis cake serves 24.
Always place a separator plate on the
cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your ornament to the plate with tacky craft tape.
See the current edition of the Wilton Yearbook for Cake Decorating for decorating techniques, cake construction methods, and information about products.