Heart Flowers Valentine Frame
Simple painted hearts create beautiful floral accents for this hanging triple photo frame.
Make this fun kids project for Valentine’s or Mother’s Day.
Designed by Jean Kievlan for DecoArt® Americana.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – DA01 Snow White, DA151 Royal Fuchsia, DA214 Petal Pink, DA253 Pistachio Mint, DA131 Hauser Light Green, DA233 Wild Orchid, DA227 Bright Yellow, DA196 Tangelo Orange
- DecoArt® All Purpose Sealer
- Unfinished Wood Frame (with heart opening)
- Loew-Cornell American Painter Paintbrushes – 3/4” Wash/Flat, #12 Flat, #3 Round
- Woodsies® Wood Shapes – Medium Hearts (5 count), Small Hearts (10 count), Medium Circles (3 count)
- Sponge Spouncer
- Small Piece of Natural Sponge
- White Glue
- Sanding Sponge
- Soft Cloth or Rag
Remove glass from frames. Seal the frame hanger with DecoArt All Purpose Sealer. When dry, sand smooth with a sanding sponge, then wipe sanding dust away with a soft cloth.
Paint the frame Pistachio Mint. Let dry.
Paint five medium hearts Petal Pink, then shade with Royal Fuchsia.
Lighten Bright Yellow and Wild Orchid with Snow White, and then paint 5 small hearts with each color.
Shade the small hearts with the darker value of heart color.
Paint 3 medium circles Bright Yellow. Shade circle edges with Tangelo Orange. Use the brush handle to dip dot Snow White highlights on each circle.
Glue the medium hearts, then the circle flower center on the frame. Glue the remaining heart flowers on the other two frames.
Use the sponge spouncer to make Snow White dots on each frame.
Insert photos in the frames, then replace glass.