- Crayola® Crayons
- Crayola® Colored Pencils
- Crayola® Blunt Tip Scissors
- Recycled Newspaper (to protect work surface)
- Hole Punch
- Wax Paper
- Ribbon of Choice
- Pencil Sharpener
- Fine Motor
- Draw various sizes of hearts on paper with Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils.
- Cover a flat work area that is safe for ironing with several layers of recycled newspaper. Place a piece of wax paper on top.
- With an adult supervising, scrape Crayola crayons into small pieces using a pencil sharpener.
- Scatter the crayon colors around the wax paper. Place another sheet of wax paper on top.
- ADULT: Iron the two pieces of wax paper together, melting the crayons. Ironing should be done in a well-ventilated room. Do not over iron; over ironing crayons or wax paper may result in irritating smell. Allow to cool before handling.
- Trace your various shapes of hearts on the waxed paper. Cut out the multicolored hearts with Crayola scissors. Punch a hole near the top. Use ribbon or yarn to make a hanger for your Heart Suncatchers.