Holiday Lights Cupcakes
- Favorite Cake Recipe (or Mix)
- Wilton® Standard Muffin Pan
- Wilton® Standard Baking Cups – Merry-N-Bright
- Wilton® Cooling Grid, 10"x16"
- Wilton® Buttercream Icing Mix
- Wilton® Icing Color – Royal Blue, Lemon Yellow, Orange, Golden Yellow, Christmas Red, Red-Red, Leaf Green, Kelly Green and Moss Green
- Wilton® Angled Spatula, 9"
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bag, 12"
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 12
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 2
- Wilton® Parchment Paper
Two to three hours in advance, prepare stiff Buttercream icing according to package directions. Tint portions blue, orange, yellow and red.
Use tip 12 and blue, orange, yellow* and red* icing to pipe teardrop-shaped bulbs on parchment paper. Smooth light bulb point with finger dipped in cornstarch. Let set at room temperature.
Bake and cool cupcakes.
Prepare medium consistency Buttercream icing according to package directions. Tint light green and dark green. Use spatula and light green icing to ice cupcakes smooth.
Peel dried light bulbs off parchment paper and position on cupcake.
Use tip 2 and dark green icing to pipe light bulb socket and cord.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.
*Combine Christmas Red with Red-Red for red shown.