Wilton® Hugs All Around Cupcakes
- Wilton® Roll-Out Cookie Recipe
- Wilton® Royal Icing Recipe
- Wilton® Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Wilton® Rolling Pin
- Wilton® 6-Pc. Nesting Cutter Set – Heart
- Wilton® Cookie Sheet
- Wilton® Cooling Grid
- Wilton® Icing Colors – Rose and Black
- Wilton® Tip – 2
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton® Muffin Pan, Standard
- Wilton® Baking Cups, Standard – You Bake Me Smile
- Wilton® Spatula
- Shoestring Licorice – Black
- Paring Knife
- Wilton® Sugar Pearls – White
- Spice Drops – Red and Black
- Granulated Sugar
To print the Wilton® Roll-Out Cookies Recipe, click here.
To print the Wilton® Buttercream Icing Recipe, click here.
To print the Wilton® Royal Icing Recipe, click here.
Twenty-four hours in advance, roll out cookie dough 1/8" thick and use second smallest heart cutter in set to cut out cookies. Bake and cool.
Position cookies on cooling grid placed over cookie sheet. Thin down rose royal icing with water and pour over cookies. Let dry 24 hours.
Use tip 2 and white royal icing to pipe whites of eyes on cookies.
Use tip 2 and black royal icing to outline and pipe in mouth. (Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.)
Use tip 2 and rose royal icing to pipe dot nose. Let dry.
Bake and cool cupcakes in You Bake Me Smile standard baking cups.
Ice cupcakes smooth with spatula and white buttercream icing.
Position white Sugar Pearls on cupcake top.
Cut four pieces of black shoestring licorice 5/8” long.
For arms and hands, roll out red spice drops on granulated sugar-covered surface. Use paring knife to cut into shapes of hands. Attach hands to arms and arms to cookie with pink royal icing.
Position heart cookie on top of cupcake.
For legs and feet, roll black spice drops in shoe shapes and attach shoes to legs and legs to cookie with pink royal icing.