Humorous Birthday Card
Want to put a smile on the face of a special friend celebrating a birthday? You are sure to make your birthday recipient chuckle when you design your card with the humorous birthday clear stamp set by Inkadinkado®.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Humorous Birthday Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- StazOn® Solvent Ink, Jet Black
- ColorBox® Pink Pigment Ink
- ColorBox® Fresh Green Pigment Ink
- Strathmore Watercolor Paper
- The Paper Company, Assorted Black & White Value Pack: White
- Paper Reflections® Starter Solid Palette: Pink, Green
- Recollections Bright Circle Brads: Pink, Green
- Prima Marketing Inc. Calypso Tin Paper Flowers: Pink, White, Green
- Offray Ribbon: Hot Pink Picot (3/16-inch x 6-yards)
- Crayola® Washable Markers Supertips: Pink, Green
- Scissors: Straight-edged, Wavy-edged
- Hole Punch, 1/8-inch
- Blender Pen or Paintbrush
- Heat Tool
Cut a 5½-inch x 11-inch rectangle from pink cardstock. Fold in half to create a 5½-inch square top-folding card.
Stamp humorous message with black solvent ink on watercolor paper. Using washable markers, color the character with green. Use pink marker to color along bottom of character and through message. Use the blender pen or a small paintbrush with water to soften the colors.
Trim the watercolor paper to form a rectangle and mat with pink and green cardstock. Glue to top left of card.
Cut a rectangle from green cardstock that is the same width as the card. Trim the bottom edge with the wavy edge scissors and glue to lower portion of card.
Stamp birthday message with fresh green ink on white cardstock, trim to form a rectangle, and edge with pink ink. Punch a hole on either side of the message and add pink brads. Glue the message to the card.
Lay pink ribbon across the top of the green rectangle. Wrap the ends around to the back and glue in place. Loop a small piece of ribbon around the first piece near the left side of the card and tie a knot.
Layer two separate flowers and attach to card with green and pink brads.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
When using the watercolor technique, stamp your image with solvent ink to avoid smearing the image. Heat set the pigment or chalk inks to prevent smearing and fading.