I'm Worth It Tote (Knit)
- RED HEART® With Love™ Yarn – Cherry Red (A; 1 Skein)
- RED HEART® Boutique™ Sashay™ Yarn – Salsa (B; 1 Ball)
- Circular Knitting Needles, 3.75mm [US 5] – 20"
- Double Pointed Knitting Needles, 3.75mm [US 5]
With A, cast on 10 sts. Work in Garter stitch (knit every row) for 8". Bind off.
Pick up and knit 100 sts evenly around the four sides of the purse bottom rectangle. Knit every round until 9" from pick-up row.
It will be easier to work with the Sashay yarn (B) if a few yards are unrolled from the skein then pulled open. Use the NON-metallic edge to attach to the purse.
Next 2 Rounds: * Insert right needle through a loop on the edge of B then through the next stitch on the left needle and knit both together with A, skip 2 loops on B; repeat from * around. After working 2 rounds of ruffles, cut B. Continue with A.
Upper Edge and Handle Holes
Round 1: Knit.
Round 2: Purl.
Rounds 3-8: Repeat Rounds 1 and 2.
Round 9: [Knit 10, k2tog, yo, knit 26, k2tog, yo, k10] twice.
Round 10: Purl.
Rounds 11-16: Repeat Rounds 1 and 2. Bind off.
With 2 double pointed needles and A, cast on 6 sts.
* Knit 6 but do not turn work, push sts to opposite end of needle, draw yarn firmly behind needle; repeat from * until handle measures 38". Bind off. Insert handle through holes in purse. Sew ends together.
A, B = Color A, B
K = knit
mm = millimeters
P = purl
Stockinette stitch (Knit every round)
st(s) = stitch (es)
tog = together
* = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated